Island with deep roots in myth and history, Skyros has a long cultural tradition and representative examples of folk art. Art in Skyros is almost synonymous with woodwork. The furniture of Skyros is world famous and true work of art. Along with the famous embroidery of Skyros and the ceramic art with the characteristic patterns which you can enjoy at the Manos Faltaits Folklore Museum. The pine-covered hills, rocky mountain landscapes, rugged coastline, beautiful coves, extensive beaches and sea caves make up the rich natural terrain variations.
- Archaeological Museum of Skyros | tel: 22220 91327 | website | navigate
- Manos Faltaits Folklore Museum | website | navigate
- Chora | Spread on a hill beneath an impressive rock. Τhe interest of visitors gathers the Byzantine Castle which is built on the ancient acropolis location, the traditional Skyros houses with flat roofs and the rich interior decoration, the churches, the Archaeological Museum and the folk art workshops.
- The Skyros carved furniture and ceramics art
- Pouria | Like it has come out of a painting, the Pouria area is very close to Chora, to the northeast of the island. | navigate
- Beaches of Skyros | Skyros is an island full of beautiful beaches, like famous Magazia, Molos, Atsitsa and more.
- Caves of Skyros | On the east side of the island there are impressive caves, among steep cliffs that fall into the sea. The most famous are the Pentekali and Diatrypti which enchant the visitors with their beautifuls colors created by their rocky walls, the stalactites and the waters of their depths.
- Little Skyrian horse | website
- Archaeological site of Palamari | navigate
Beautiful Chora, slopes leading to pristine beaches and excellent greek cuisine are some of the graces Skyros offers to its visitors. Although Skyros is not famous for its nightlife, opportunities for fun will not be missed. In the bars and clubs with live music, you will spend unforgettable nights.
Family friendly beaches:
- O Antonis | location: Atsitsa | tel: 22220 92990
- To Adraxti | location: Chora | tel: 22220 93801
- Manolia | location: Chora | tel: 22220 93010
- Akmatra | location: Chora | navigate
- Rodon | location: Chora
- Agora | location: Chora | navigate
- Escobar | location: Chora | facebook
- Iroon | location: Chora | facebook
- Kallitexniko | location: Chora | tel: 22220 91864
- Kata Lathos | location: Chora | tel: 22220 91671
- Nostos | location: Chora | tel: 22220 91671 | navigate
- Kavos | location: Linaria | tel: 22220 93213-93413 | navigate
- Kalipso | location: Chora | tel: 22220 92160 | navigate
- Korfari | location: Chora | tel: 22220 91080 | facebook
- To Goniako | location: Chora | tel: 697 6689 013
- Juicy | location: Molos | tel: 22220 91080 | navigate
- Feroya | location: Magazia | tel: 22220 91828 | navigate
Skyros is a beautiful holiday destination with many suggestions for pleasant and interesting activities. Apart from the clean and beautiful beaches, visitors have the opportunity to choose from a variety of activities that will fill the days of their vacation with unforgettable experiences.
- Horse riding | tel: 694 7465 900 | webiste
- Scuba diving | Gorgonia Diving | tel: 2222 100016
- Watersports | kitesurfing, windsurfing
- Hiking or even climbing on mountain Kochilas which is a protected area with rare flora and fauna